Information : Prep Time : 5 mins, Cook Time : 20 mins, Total Time : 25 mins, Course : Main Course, Cuisine : Chinese, Servings for : 2, Author: Get Set Vegan (http://www.getsetvegan.com/vegan-sweet-and-sour-cauliflower/)
- 1 small head Cauliflower florets
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs Water
- 1½ tbs Corn flour / Corn starch
- 1 cup Vegetable broth (with salt)
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce / Tamari sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar / Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 5-6 cloves Chopped garlic
- 3 Tbs Rice vinegar
- Prepare the sweet and sour sauce by mixing vegetable broth, soya sauce or tamari sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, Tahini, chili flakes, and chopped garlic.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into 1 ½ to 2-inch size florets.
- In a pan add cauliflower oil and a splash of water. Stir and cover, let it cook on slow to medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once cauliflower gets soften add half of the sauce and stir.
- Let it simmer for further 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is well absorbed. Make sure the heat is medium to low. Do not burn the sauce.
- Add cornflour into the remaining sauce and mix.
- Now add the remaining sauce into cauliflower and cook until thickened.
- Serve hot on rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.