- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (any color)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Few dashes cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs. frozen cauliflower rice, cooked according to package instructions and seasoned with salt
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes then add in bell peppers, season with salt and pepper and saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer pepper mixture to a plate. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in turkey in large crumbles, season with salt and pepper.
- Let rest, until golden brown on bottom, about 2 minutes then toss.
Continue to cook and break up turkey, about 2 minutes more, until almost fully cooked through, then add garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne.
- Cook turkey through then stir in tomatoes and pepper mixture and warm through, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley.
- Plate cauliflower rice, top with cheddar cheese (I like to add it in the middle layer so it melts nicely), then finish with ground turkey mixture, serve warm.