- 1 lb. ground beef I use 80% lean
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 oz. taco seasoning equivalent to 2 Tablespoons
- 16 oz. refried beans
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded*
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes diced
- ¾ cup crunchy toppings such as tortilla chips Doritos, and/or Fritos
- 1/3 cup lettuce shredded
- Green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef and diced onions to a large pan and cook and crumble over medium heat until the meat is cooked through.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add ¾ cup water and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spread the refried beans in an even layer within a casserole dish. (Mine was 13.25″x9″ but varying sizes are fine.)
- Spread the sour cream over the refried beans.
- Top with cooked ground beef mixture, then with cheese.
- If you’re preparing this head of time, let it cool and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- If baking right away: Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and melted.
- If baking after the casserole has been refrigerated: Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the toppings:
- Top the casserole with black olives, tomatoes, and crunchy toppings. (Add additional cheese if you like as well.)
- Bake uncovered for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and/or shredded lettuce and serve!
Crispy Chicken & Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole Recipe
Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole Recipe
Ranch Bacon Chicken Casserole - Easy & Super Flavorful Casserole Recipe
Famous Casserole Recipe
Easy Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe
Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe