Information : Prep Time : 10 mins, Cook Time : 20 mins, Total Time : 30 mins, Course : Dinner, Cuisine : Italian, Mediterranean, Servings for : 6 Serves, Calories: 271 kcal, Author: Katerina (https://diethood.com/pan-seared-salmon-lemon-garlic-cream-sauce/)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets, room temperature
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fat free half & half (you can also use low fat evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest and juice from 1 whole lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side down, cooking 3 fillets at a time.
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until cooked about three quarters of the way through. Do not move the fish around; just let it cook.
- Using a spatula, flip the salmon fillets over and cook for 2 more minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Repeat with the rest of the fillets and set all aside.
- In the meantime, combine half & half, flour, cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the prepared sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer.
- Place previously prepared salmon fillets back in the skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon sauce over salmon.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.