So soft and fluffy this potato rolls for our dinner recipe. This is are perfect addition to the dinner table and the holidays.
Information : Prep time: 40 minutes, Cook time: 20 minutes, Total time: 60 minutes, By: https://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/2015/11/potato-dinner-rolls.html
- 2 cups Potatoes, Peeled and Diced (If you use already mashed potatoes you’ll need 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup Cooked Warm Potato Water Under 110 degrees (Reserved from cooked potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 ounce package Active Dry Yeast Or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- 4 tablespoons Butter Cut Into Tablespoon Sized Pieces, Room Temperature Plus Additional For Pan
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 4 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- In a medium sized pot bring potatoes and 6 cups of water to a boil. Cook until fork tender about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes reserving 1 cup Cooked Potato Water. Allow potatoes to steam to remove excess moisture and then mash potatoes until smooth. Allow mashed potatoes to cool until under 110 degrees.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook add cooked potato water, honey and yeast. Mix until honey and yeast is dissolved. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Add mashed potatoes, beaten egg, butter, and 1 tablespoon honey. Mix until combined but don’t worry if butter isn’t dissolved.
- Add 4 1/4 cups flour and salt. Knead dough for 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of bowl. Add additional flour a tablespoon at a time if needed to make a smooth soft dough that isn’t sticky.
- Place dough into a well buttered bowl and allow to rise until doubled in size about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Divide dough in half on a lightly floured board and then each half into 8 equal pieces. Tuck sides in on each piece and roll into a perfect ball.
- Place rolls into a buttered 9″x13″baking pan and buttered cake pan leaving about 2″ between each ball. Dust the top of rolls with additional flour. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size about an hour. Rolls should look light and fluffy.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool until warm before removing from pan.