Tonight let’s cooking a delicious and healthy food Jambalaya with Sausage & Shrimp perfect main course for our dinner, you can read recipe and cooking instruction below.
Information : Course : Main Course, Cuisine : American, Cajun, Prep Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 45 minutes, Total Time : 55 minutes, Servings for : 8 servings, Calories 311 kcal, Author : https://40aprons.com/healthy-jambalaya-whole30-low-carb-paleo/
- 1 pound sausage like Aidell’s chicken-apple sausage for Whole30, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 green bell pepper deseeded and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 stick celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 teaspoons salt The amount will depend on if your Cajun seasoning has salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 14.5-oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp peeled
- green onions sliced, for garnish
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Louisiana hot sauce to serve, optional
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive or avocado oil over medium heat. Add sliced sausage and cook until browned on both sides, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery; sauté until softened, about 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Cajun seasoning, starting with 1 1/2 tablespoons, black pepper, salt, and optional cayenne pepper to pot; stir. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and sausage to pot, and stir to mix.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low; simmer for 25-35 minutes or until thickened and liquid is reduced.
- Stir in shrimp and cauliflower rice. Cook on low, stirring regularly until rice is heated through and shrimp turn pink and no longer translucent. Don’t overcook the shrimp. Ladle into bowls and top with sliced green onions and parsley. Serve with Louisiana hot sauce.