Low Crab and Juicy all beef hot dogs wrapped with tortillas then smothered in a quick quick chili dog sauces and topped with melted cheese.
Information : Prep Time : 15 minutes, Cook Time : 35 minutes, Total Time : 50 minutes
Quick Hot Dog Sauce
- 1 pound of grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of no sugar added salsa
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Hot Dog Wraps
- 8 beef hot dogs, nitrate free
- 4 low carb wraps of choice, halved
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- To make the Quick Hot Dog Sauce add in the grass fed beef, broth, salsa, and all the spices into a sauce pan and turn the burner on medium high. Note: If you are not using a very lean ground beef I recommend cooking and draining the ground beef first then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 min.
- Cook the hot dog sauce for 10 to 15 min stirring and breaking up the ground meat as needed to. You can taste and adjust the seasoning as needed after it simmers.
- As your Quick Hot Dog Sauce simmers cut the 4 wraps in half.
- Next roll one hot dog up in each half of the wraps and set aside until the hot dog sauce is ready.
- To assemble the Chili Dog Bake add one cup of the cooked hot dog sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 11 baking dish and spread around evenly.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs over the layer of hot dog sauce and top with the rest of the sauce. Spread the rest of the sauce as evenly as possible over the top of the hot dogs.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Optional topping could be: chopped onions, mustard, dill relish, no sugar added ketchup, sauerkraut.