This is instant pot keto smothered pork chops recipe, so easy you can cook at home. This is the recipe.
- 4 bone-in or boneless, average cut pork loin chops (about 1.3 lbs)
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp fine ground sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth or bone broth
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk (for dairy free)
- ½ tbsp teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or minced fresh parsley to garnish
- Sprinkle each side of pork chops with thyme, salt, and pepper
- Press Saute and add the avocado oil or olive oil to the inner pot. Heat until the pot shows “hot” on the screen.
- Sear the pork chops on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes to just brown the sides in the inner pot. Remove the pork chops from the pot and set aside on a plate.
- While still hot add the chopped bacon, minced garlic, and sliced mushrooms to the pot and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes until garlic has softened and bacon is browning.
- Add the beef broth to the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot to deglaze. Stir in the onion powder and garlic powder. Press “Cancel” to turn off saute mode.
- Add pork chops back to the pot.
- Secure and lock the lid. Turn the pressure release handle to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook on High Pressure (Normal) and set the timer for 10 minutes for bone-in chops or 7 minutes for boneless chops by pressing the + or – buttons. *Check the chart below for Instant Pot cooking times and more options*.
- Once cooking time is done, let the pressure Naturally Release for 10 minutes (don’t touch anything for 10 minutes), then Quick Release the remaining pressure (carefully while keeping face away from steam and hands in protective oven mitts, turn steam release handle to Venting).
- Once all steam has released (the pin on the lid will drop and the lid will unlock), open the lid and remove only the pork chops, plate & cover to keep warm. Leave the mushrooms bacon and sauce in the pot and select Saute and heat until bubbling.
- Add the heavy cream or coconut milk to the sauce and stir. Continue to heat on saute until bubbling. Press “Warm” on the pot. Plate pork chops and pour the mushroom bacon sauce over the chops
- garnish with fresh thyme leaves or fresh parsley.