Information: Course : Dinner, Cuisine : American, Prep Time : 10 minutes, Cook Time : 15 minutes, Total Time : 25 minutes, Author : Mary Smith (https://www.maryswholelife.com/instant-pot-jambalaya-soup-whole30-paleo/)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp thawed if previously frozen
- 1 12 oz package smoked sausage sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. (can sub kielbasa – look for sugar free if doing Whole30)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper add more for more heat!
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes reduce for less heat
- diced scallions/green onions for garnish
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Turn Instant Pot to “saute” mode. Heat olive oil for 1 minute. Add in onions, peppers, and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Add in sliced sausage, diced tomatoes, broth, and spices. Lock lid and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot powder + water to create a slurry. This will help to thicken the soup a bit.
- Manually release the pressure. Hit “cancel/keep warm”, then turn to “saute” mode. Bring to a boil, then add in the frozen cauliflower rice and thawed shrimp. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the cauliflower rice is tender. Add in slurry and stir to thicken. Serve topped with hot sauce and green onions. Enjoy!
Stove Top Directions: Sauté garlic, onions, and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add in sausage and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Add in tomatoes, broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add in shrimp and cauliflower rice and cook for an additional 10 minutes until they are cooked through. Serve with green onions.