This easy homemade noodles best for pasta and this so healthy low crab and good for your diet.
Information: Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time: 5-10 minutes, Servings for: 3 servings
- ½ c Hot water
- 4 Envelopes (1 box or ¼ cup) Plain gelatin
- 1 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the hot water into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the water comes to a low simmer, add in the gelatin whisking constantly until completely dissolved. This can take a few minutes. Be sure to use only plain unflavored gelatin. This is generally found in the baking aisle along the regular flavored gelatin, but sometimes on a higher or lower shelf. One box usually contains 4 packets with 1 tablespoon of powder each. You will need 4 tbsp total for this recipe.
- Once the gelatin is dissolved in the water, add in the mozzarella cheese and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and pour it out onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture into a thin even layer, and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- After the allotted time, you should be able to peel the mixture up off the parchment paper. When it has reached this consistency, it is time to form the noodles.
- Cut the edges of the mixture with a pizza cutter to get a rectangle shape with clean lines.
- Use the cookie cutter to vertically cut thin strands of fettuccine type noodles.
- Once the noodles are cut, they are ready to eat as is. It is important to note that you cannot heat these noodles up, so it is best to use them immediately at room temperature or later in a cold pasta salad. You can add warm sauces to the noodles, but because of the gelatin in them, if much heat is applied, they will lose their texture. They are wonderful tossed with some warm butter and Parmesan cheese.