This French Bread recipe takes just 1 Hour from start to finish. It makes 2 large loaves that serve 8 people.
Information : Course: Bread, Side Dish, Cuisine: American, French, , Servings for : 16 people, Calories: 188kcal, Author: Easy Budget Recipes Original! (https://easybudgetrecipes.com/1-hour-french-bread/)
- stand mixer
- standard-size baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- 2 cups warm water 90-100 degrees
- 2 Tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ½ – 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- First, add the water, yeast, and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk the mixture together and let it sit for 3 minutes, or until it’s bubbly and frothy.
- Next, add in the oil, salt, and 5 ½ cups of flour. Attach a dough hook and mix on low until the dough comes together. Increase the speed to medium-high and knead. The dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl. If it doesn’t, add more flour, 2 Tablespoons at a time, until it does. Then, knead the dough for 2 minutes on medium-high.
- Remove the dough hook and cover the work bowl with a piece of greased plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 15 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and punch the dough down. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape each piece into a long, thick dough that measures 16-17 inches long. Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, and cut 5-6 slits diagonally on each loaf.
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 375 degrees Let the dough rise for a second time while the oven preheats. As soon as the oven is done preheating, pop the pan into the oven (don’t let the dough sit out too long because it will over-proof).
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Then, remove the bread from the oven and brush the loaves with 1 egg white mixed with 1 Tablespoon of water. Bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Move the pan to a wire rack and cool the bread for 5 minutes before slicing and serving!