Information : Prep Time : 5 mins, Cook Time : 25 mins, Total Time : 30 mins, Course : Side Dish, Cuisine: Mexican, Spanish, Servings for : 8 servings, Calories: 185kcal, Author: Nikki Gladd (https://www.seededatthetable.com/easy-mexican-rice/)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook until translucent (somewhat clear) about 3-4 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a rapid boil over high heat.
- Cover, turn the heat down to almost low (a little less than medium low) and cook for 25 minutes. Remove cover and let stand 2-3 minutes before fluffing with a fork.