Delicious Oatmeal Pancakes are an easy and gluten free meal, we just need 7 ingredients! This is are amazingly fluffy and delicious.
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (ripe with spots on the skin)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a blender, combine the ingredients. I like to start with the liquid ingredients on the bottom first, for easier blending, so start by adding the eggs, banana, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, and water. On top of that, add in the oats and baking powder, and blend until the batter is smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides, if needed.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat, and grease it with olive oil to prevent sticking. Pour roughly 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into the pan, and let it cook for 4-5 minutes, until the center starts to bubble. Be sure to keep the heat on the low-side, so that your pancake doesn’t start to burn before the center gets cooked through.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until both sides are golden. Repeat this process with the remaining batter, until all 6 pancakes are cooked. (You can cook several at once if you use a griddle on your stove top.)
- Serve warm, with fresh fruit and maple syrup, if desired. Leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen for up to 3 months. I like to reheat my pancakes in the toaster for an easy morning!