Delicious Ukrainian Mushroom Soup now you can cooking easy at home with this recipe and complete cooking instruction.
Information: Course: Soup, Cuisine: Ukrainian, Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes, Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely minced
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 8 oz Portobello, Crimini or Shiitake mushrooms sliced (see the post above for mushroom recommendations)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 c half and half* see notes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan and over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and sauté stirring from time to time until onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate and add mushrooms. Cook stirring occasionally until liquid evaporates and mushrooms start to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add vegetable stock to a large stockpot and bring it to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sautéed onion, carrot, 3/4 of all mushrooms, 1 tsp of thyme, 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Add 1 cup of half and half, bring soup to a boil, add 3 cloves of garlic pushed through a garlic press and remove soup from the heat.
- Using an immersion or stand blender, puree the soup.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the remaining mushrooms and serve with a crusty baguette.
- If you don’t have Half & Half, you can use 1/2 cup of milk plus 1/2 cup of cream.