- 1/2 pound uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage with casing removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth or red wine
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8- ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- parmesan cheese or grated non-dairy cheese optional
- salt and pepper
Easy Cooking Instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions, and sauté for about 2 minutes, just until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground sausage to skillet and stir until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth or wine and scrap browned sausage bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, stir all ingredients well, turn heat down to low-medium and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to the skillet and stir all ingredients until the pasta is coated with the sauce. If needed, add more reserve water to create a sauce consistency to your liking.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle parsley, basil, and/or cheese just before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Cream Sauce Recipe
Instant Pot Cajun Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans Recipe
Keto Low Carb Sausage Balls Cheese Recipe
Sausage and Potatoes using Crockpot Recipe
Smokies Crock Pot BBQ Recipe
Fast Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe
Low Carb Baked Chili Dog Recipe
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet Recipe
Low Carb, Healthy Jambalaya with Sausage & Shrimp