This is a quick and easy dinner recipes for the family. Simple casserole dish is perfect for busy weeknights, picky eaters and hungry husbands. It’s not only delicous, it’s also budget friendly. This is the recipe.
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- garlilc, salt & pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease and 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown and chop the ground beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper (or any seasoning of your choice).
- Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water and half of the cheese to your skillet with the browned beef; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into your greased dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes (I also like to turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese).
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You don’t have to use mozzarella for this dish if you’d rather use 100% cheddar instead. Your preference! I like the mozzarella because it makes the cheese stringy.
- You can also add a diced onion or onion powder to the beef mixture if you’d like. My family doesn’t care much for onion so I leave it out.