This rice pudding comes together easily with fresh cooked or leftover rice. Let’s cooking with this recipe.
Information : Cuisine: American , Cook Time: 40 minutes, Total Time: 40 minutes, Servings for: 6 servings, Category: Dessert, Method: Stovetop, Author: Beth Pierce (https://www.smalltownwoman.com/easy-rice-pudding-recipe/)
- 3/4 cup medium grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and salt; bring back to a boil. Turn to simmer, cover with tight fitting lid, and cook 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium low, add milk and cook until thick and creamy stirring constantly; approximately 15-20 minutes.
- In small bowl whisk egg. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the hot liquid to the egg; whisking constantly. Once whisked in, repeat again adding 1-2 tablespoons of the hot liquid to the egg; whisking constantly. Repeat if necessary thoroughly whisking after each addition until the egg mixture has warmed.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture and sugar into the rice/milk mixture. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract.