This Air Fryer Tofu is super crispy and flavorful. The tofu pieces get incredibly crispy as if they were deep fried, with just a smidge of oil.
Information : Prep Time: 30 mins, Cook Time: 15 mins, Total Time: 45 mins, Servings: 4 servings, Author: Nora Taylor (https://www.noracooks.com/air-fryer-tofu/)
- 16 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Quick press the tofu: Cut the tofu into cubes. Place them evenly on a flat surface such as a cutting board lined with paper towels or a clean towel. Cover with a layer of paper towels, set a baking sheet on top and then something heavy, like a large book or cast iron skillet. Press like this for 15 minutes. Or use a tofu press.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Add the pressed tofu cubes to a bowl and drizzle the marinade over them. Toss gently to coat the pieces. Let the tofu marinate for about 15 minutes, longer if desired (up to 8 hours in the refrigerator).
- Place the tofu cubes in the air fryer, in a single layer, so the pieces don’t touch. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook half the tofu at a time. Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally after 10 minutes. Cook until the tofu is golden and crispy, but not burned.
- Gluten free? Use tamari instead of soy sauce.
- May use olive oil instead of sesame oil, but I love the flavor sesame oil adds. For oil free, you may omit it but it may not get as crispy.
- If you have leftover tofu, simply re-heat in the air fryer for 5 minutes to re-crisp!