Information : Course: Main Course, Pasta, Cuisine: American, Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 50 minutes, Total Time: 1 hour, Servings: 8, Calories: 603kcal, Author: Meaghan @ 4 Sons R Us (https://4sonrus.com/grandmas-american-goulash/)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 cups cavatelli pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat, add the ground beef, olive oil, garlic, & onions and stir everything together, breaking the meat up as you go- cooking until the meat is browned and cooked through. Drain, and return the mixture to the pot.
- Stir in the water, broth, both tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and bay leaves. Lower the heat, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Cover, and let cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pasta, cover, and continue simmering an additional 30 minutes- stirring occasionally, until the pasta’s cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaves, and salt & pepper, to taste. Stir in the mozzarella cheese until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately, scooping into bowls, and topping with the shredded cheddar.