Information : Prep Time : 15 minutes, Chill Time : 10 minutes, Cook Time : 10 minutes, Total Time : 35 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks), softened butter (the real deal, no substitutes)
- ⅔ cup all natural cane sugar ¾ cup if not high altitude
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed [¾ cup if not high altitude]
- 2 large eggs (take out 20-30 minutes to warm slightly)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour 2 cups if not high altitude
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp water [omit, if not high altitude]
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use a good quality chocolate chip)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup chocolate chunks
- Flaky Sea Salt for sprinkling on top of baked cookies (optional) I love Maldon Flaky Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350-375°F. In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream softened butter in mixer, 2-3 minutes on medium-high until light and fluffy, scrape down edges of bowl.
- Add cane sugar and brown sugar, beating on medium-high for 2-4 minutes, scraping down sides about half way between. (Beat 4 minutes if using natural cane sugar). Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, cream on medium-high 1 minute for each egg addition, scrape down sides in between. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt whisking until combined. With mixer on low/stir, slowly pour in ½ cup of flour mixture at a time, mixing on low until just combined. Add water (high altitude only) in between flour additions, don’t over mix. Add chocolate chips, minis and chunks, stir (with low on mixer or by hand) on low, until just combined.
- Scoop into dough balls using a 2-tablespoon scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Place in fridge 10 minutes prior to baking, bake 8-10 minutes until just set and slightly golden. Cool on pan 2-3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm or room temp.