- 2 lbs (900g) ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice for topping (Mozzarella, Provolone, Monterrey Jack, Cheddar…)
- Fresh basil or parsley, for topping
- To prepare the meatballs casserole recipe: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ground turkey, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, onion powder, garlic, Italian seasoning, Cayenne, crushed chili pepper flakes in a large salad bowl – except for the Marinara sauce, 1 cup cheese, and fresh basil that are set aside for the casserole. Use a small cookie scoop to form the meatballs all the same size and arrange the meatballs in the casserole dish.
- Bake your meatballs casserole for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs casserole from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top with the low carb Marinara sauce and shredded cheese and put the meatballs casserole back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve the low carb meatballs casserole with a side salad or over zucchini noodles as pictured. Enjoy!
You can also mix 1 lb (450g) ground beef and 1 lb (450g) spicy pork sausage instead of using ground turkey.